The Ishpeming Multi-Purpose Senior Center is operated by the Greater Ishpeming Commission on Aging (GICOA) a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation.
We provide services and programs to seniors, 60 years and older who reside in the City of Ishpeming and the Townships of Ishpeming, Tilden, Ely, Champion, Humboldt, Michigamme and Republic.
- The Good Life- Barber Shop- April 20th at 10:00- Learn about their new buisiness, meet the stylists and maybe get a free haircut!
- Ishpeming Library Talk - April 26th from 11:00 - 1:00- Meet Nicole from the library and learn how to sign up for a library card and what is new!
Art Explorations with Kendra -
- April 14th - Noon -2:00 PM - Learn the basics of drawing with new techniques for shading and highlighting while creating still ife form sketches.
- April 28th - Noon -2:00 PM - Learn to use acrylic paints or improve your skills by painting landscapes.
Health and Fitness:
Living Well with Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes
- April 4th -10:00 -11:30 AM - Managing Stress to Impact Diabetes
- April 18th- 10:00-11:30 AM- Getting Active: Why Muscles Matter
Alzheimer's Association Series- Hosted by Jack Vanderlugt -Regional Director
Join us every Wednesday at 1:00 PM for a 4-week series
- April 5th- Understanding Alzheimer's and Dementia
- April 10th- 10 Warning Signs of Alzheimer's
- April 19th- Effective Communication Strategies
- April 26th- Healthy Living for Brain and Body
Financial Seminar Series:
- Choosing a Financial Caregiver & Understanding a Power of Attorney
- April 19th - 1:00 PM - Hosted by Jennifer Rekasi, Huntington Bank
- Outlook and Opportunities
- April 27th- 2:00 PM - Hosted by Ryan LaMere, Edward Jones
- Standing Guard- Protecht What You've Worked for
- May 25th- 2:00 PM- Hosted by Ryan LaMere, Edward Jones