The Ishpeming Multi-Purpose Senior Center is operated by the Greater Ishpeming Commission on Aging (GICOA) a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation.
We provide services and programs to seniors, 60 years and older who reside in the City of Ishpeming and the Townships of Ishpeming, Tilden, Ely, Champion, Humboldt, Michigamme and Republic.
Special Events in February :
- Feb. 1st-Library Book Club-11am
- Feb. 1st-Alzheimer's Association Seminar-1:30pm
- Feb. 2nd-Knit/Crochet Club with JoAnn Manty-12:30-2:30
- Feb. 19th-Jean Kohtala's Workshop
- Feb. 23rd- Coffee with the Mayor
- Feb. 28th- Marquette County Medical Care Facility Seminar catered by Midtown Bakery-12pm
- Feb. 1st- Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup
- Feb. 8th-Chicken Enchiladas with chips
- Feb. 15th-Chili, cornbread
- Feb. 22nd-Spaghetti w/ meat sauce
- Feb. 29th-Pizza Party
- Every Tuesday at 12pm at the Michigamme Township Hall-call to get on the list. Call Nancy to get on the list at 906-869-1557
- Feb. 14th at the Humboldt Twp. Hall at 12pm. Participants can bring a dish to pass.
- Feb. 21st at 12pm at the Redeemer Lutheran Church-call 906-485-5527 to get on the list.
- Feb. 22nd at 12pm at Riverview Heights Apartments.
Health and Fitness:
- Feb. 6th & 20th- Diabetes Education with Sarah Smith at 10am(ISC)
Foot Care Clinic
- Feb. 2nd & 9th at the Ishpeming Senior Center. Call to make an appointment.
Blood Pressure Clinic
- Feb. 16th at 11am
- Monday-Low Impact at 10am
- Wednesday-Strong Body at 10am
- Friday-Chair Yoga at 10am
- Wednesday- Line Dancing at 2pm
- Michigamme Tai Chi- Monday's at 10am
- Republic Low Impact-Monday's at 2pm
Class Get Togethers:
- Feb. 19th- Class of 1956 at 12pm
- Feb. 27th-Class of 1973 at 12pm