The Ishpeming Multi-Purpose Senior Center is operated by the Greater Ishpeming Commission on Aging (GICOA) a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation.
We provide services and programs to seniors, 60 years and older who reside in the City of Ishpeming and the Townships of Ishpeming, Tilden, Ely, Champion, Humboldt, Michigamme and Republic.
Special Events in November:
- Dec. 4th- Jean Kohtola's Ornament Workshop- $15 for 4 Ornaments
- Dec. 5th- Technology Workshop-12pm
- Dec. 8th- Movie and a meal.
- Dec. 11th- Macrame ornaments with Joann Manty-12pm
- Dec. 12th-Veterans Q & A with Jim Yates from the V.A.
- Dec. 14th-Cookie decorating with a Girl Scout Toop-3:30-5pm
- Dec. 14th-Christmas Light Tour-5-7pm, cost is $1-sing carols and look at lights in MQT county
- Dec. 19th-Caregiver support Group-2pm
- Dec. 22nd-Coffee with the Ishpeming city mayor Jason Chapman.
- Dec. 24th & 25th will be closed due to the holidays.
- Dec. 7th-Chicken Cordon Bleu casserole.
- Dec. 14th- Beef Enchiladas
- Dec. 21st- Holiday Ham Dinner
- Dec. 28th- Chicken, Broccoli and Rice
- Every Tuesday at 12pm at the Michigamme Township Hall-call to get on the list. Call Nancy to get on the list at 906-869-1557
- Dec. 13th at the Humboldt Twp. Hall at 12pm. Participants can bring a dish to pass.
- Dec. 20th at 12pm at the Redeemer Lutheran Church-call 906-485-5527 to get on the list.
Health and Fitness:
- Dec. 5th & 19th- Diabetes Education with Sarah Smith at 10am
Foot Care Clinic
- December 1st & 8th at the Ishpeming Senior Center. Call to make an appointment.
Blood Pressure Clinic
- December 15th at 11am
- Monday-Low Impact at 10am
- Wednesday-Strong Body at 10am
- Friday-Chair Yoga at 10am
- Tuesday-Tai Chi at 2pm
- Wednesday- Line Dancing at 2pm
Class Get Togethers:
- Dec. 4th is Class of 1967
- Dec. 18th is Class of 1956
- Dec. 27th is Class of 1973